National Radio Project: Making Contact
Why it is relevant to a national audience
1. What human rights, social or economic justice issue will be addressed?
2. Which of the voices/opinions are not often heard on the mainstream media?
3. How will the point of view expressed differ from what is heard in the commercial media?
4. Explain how the piece will address the structural roots of inequities.
5. Describe the practices, policies and or institutions that are biased with respect to race, class, gender, sexual orientation or socioeconomic power, and how they will be exposed.
6. How will the piece question access to power and/or reveal the use and abuse of power?
7. How will the piece connect the issue(s) addressed to the life of the average listener?
8. How will the piece motivate the listener to act?
Be sure to provide potential interviewees, a succinct one to two paragraph summary and why it is relevant to a national audience.