While working on a couple of K-8 projects, I have been neglecting the MOOCs around higher education issues. Now I need to scramble to catch up. New opportunity, new (to me) course, and new ideas for engaging students and having them expand the course for publication and create / document their personal learning spaces. And explore issues around open learning, student learning outcomes (SLOs), open textbooks, assessment and accreditation… should be an interesting couple of months.
- keep it simple – outline of what is needed for “content” for each topic
- discussion cf. instructions – guide on the side
- problem-solving – engineering process for projects – group and individual
- provide list of sub-topics, a couple of links for each topic, general resources
- develop rubric for assessing projects – group topic development, personal learning network
- Moodle setup – copy over, new
Needs work – thinking things
- “required” print textbook or open textbook?
- adequate, integrated coverage of systems development process
- creating Connexions capture of end-of-semester version of the course (WikiEducator to cnx.org)
- personal learning networks – record, reflection, privacy issues
- E in ADDIE
- system development methodology as course framework – topics arranged within