- online teaching and learning, open educational resources (OERs)
- engineering education – K-8, girls, teachers, informal educators, after-school – k-8, engEd
- Global Learning Xprize – development, Android, HTML5, K-3 mobile apps, xAPI
Global Learning Xprize
GlobalLearningXprize Dev4X xAPI Android mlearning games Bloom CommonCore learningMap k-3 reading math criticalThinking lifelongLearning
In my world, any barrier to curiosity and self-directed inquiry learning can be a total turn-off. Far better that learners muddle through or figure out to ask for help and/or back-track. Kids hate being treated as “kids”.
personal learning environment – handheld mobile engaging supportive critical visible
The Global Learning Xprize program is encouraging the development of open mobile learning solutions supported via low-cost power-efficient tablets.
These have to potential to provide millions of children who would not otherwise have an opportunity to learn to read, write or do math, necessary to become participant in a global future. With support of these tools, many more children can be supported by the currently inadequate number of teachers and education professionals. With this support kids can help one another, too, significantly increasing the effectiveness of there programs.
- k-3 – kids are early learners – regardless of age, they are learning to read and write, and learn basic math skills – resources, games, activities, apps
- glxdev – Global Learning Xprize development – curriculum, repositories, application development, tracking, recommendation, individualization
- html5 – open interactive content